Fiserv Sales Director (US- Remote- Northeast or Midwest) in Buffalo, New York
What does a great Sales Director do?
You will lead a team of Sales Professionals focused on the delivery of predictable and profitable sales attainment for the SMB market. You will have the opportunity to utilize your SMB market expertise while leading a team to cultivate leads and close business. This role will be responsible for the Northeast or Midwest region.
As a Sales Director, you can look forward to:
• Executing the sales plan.
• Assigning clients, territories and sales targets to sales staff and ensuring sales goals are met.
• Planning and directing sales activities across your territory to ensure staffing requirements are fulfilled.
• Managing and proactively helping drive the creation of sales pipeline.
• Defining and executing sales strategies and tactics to increase new merchant sales and add-on revenue.
• Supervising, developing, motivating and mentoring sales staff.
• Administering compensation.
• Assessing sales performance and executing action plans to improve performance.
• Actively managing sales staff in all phases of sales lifecycle, including new lead generation, nurturing sales opportunities, closing business and activating new merchants.
• Providing guidance and eliminating obstacles in high value opportunities.
• Producing key management reports, including sales forecasts, pipeline analysis and sales productivity.
• Ensuring salesforce.com usage and data accuracy.
• Providing thought leadership around key market & industry insights.
You’re the kind of person who:
Has experience selling merchant acquiring solutions to the SMB market. You are looking for sales leader role within a fast-paced sales environment. You are passionate about the opportunity to develop a sales culture of independent sales executives.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Minimum 5 years of sales and sales management experience.
• Experience selling merchant acquiring solutions to the SMB market.
• Experience managing a successful sales team selling direct to SMB merchants.
• A proven track record of exceeding sales targets on a consistent basis.
• Ability to travel 50%+ across the US.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Master’s Degree a plus
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
The Merchant Joint Ventures and Acquirer Processing business brings to bear the transformative combination of Fiserv and First Data to deliver extraordinary value to merchant customers. One of the foundational strengths of our company is the size and scope of our acquiring processing capabilities. These products and services are widely used by many channels that serve merchants -- both directly and indirectly. With the proliferation of payment providers in the marketplace, we are at the forefront of growth and innovation. Fiserv has established our Acquirer Processing Capability (APC) as a product line and business. The focus of the APC will be to analyze all areas of our acquirer processing products and services to clearly define costs, volumes, and trends across our direct merchant acquiring channels, merchant Joint Ventures, and acquiring partners. In establishing this product line, our goal is to define strategies for growth, innovation, cost-effectiveness, and greater profitability.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)