Fiserv Director, Credit/Risk in Indianapolis, Indiana
What does a great Director, Credit/Risk do?
This Director will use research, data analysis skills, sound judgment, problem solving skills and experience to manage risk and future credit losses. You will also be a liaison with our issuing bank area to ensure policy changes, process changes, rate changes and fee changes are communicated properly. You will manage a group of underwriters who will be responsible for credit decisions on consumer and business applications in compliance with applicable regulations and law. This Director will also recruit talent by interviewing and making effective hiring recommendations. This individual will also develop and implement process improvements, and effectively manage change to ensure departmental objectives are met.
As Director, Credit/Risk, you can look forward to the following:
• Manage a team of credit and risk analysts
• Manage the project to create and develop credit policies and decision engine rules and requirements
• Data analytics, data insight generation, trend identification and data visualization to help understand credit risk drivers for credit card accounts.
• Support credit risk management senior leadership in partnering with business units and broader Credit department to assess data availability, data sufficiency, and reporting needs
• Ability to identify existing and emerging drivers of risk in a portfolio to drive guardrail design and proactive management of the portfolio
• Design and recommend changes to existing policies
• Provide support for portfolio credit risk oversight and governance by tracking the actual performance of risk appetite and credit risk management metrics.
• Create Management reporting to monitor portfolio performance at portfolio segment level (e.g., product, risk segment, score band, or marketing channel)
• Develop analytical reports and presentations for senior management, executive committees and any applicable regulatory exams.
• Be up to date on applicable regulations and compliance requirements in consumer lending and provide support to Senior Leadership during interactions and updates to internal and external regulators
• Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with company and regulatory standards, policies and practices
• Address internal audit requirements and findings in a timely and appropriate manner
Basic Requirements for Consideration:
• 5+ years of related experience in Credit/Risk or related field
• Experience using complex statistical techniques such as decision trees, regression modeling, machine learning, testing techniques and time series data analysis techniques.
• Experience visualizing information/trends from raw and complex data using visualization tools and communicating results to a wide variety of audiences
• Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently across various stakeholders.
• Proven experience with end-to-end project delivery
• Highschool Diploma with related work experience required. Bachelors degree highly preferred
Preferred Requirements for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field highly preferred
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel (including creation of pivot tables, logic functions), PowerPoint and Word
• Strong writing, presentation and communication skills; technical writing and documentation experience desired
• Experience in unsecured consumer lending (e.g., installment loans, credit cards) preferred and expertise with credit bureau data as well as familiarity with alternate credit related data sources
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.