Fiserv Director, Relationship Management, Bank Solutions- Premier in Indianapolis, Indiana
What does a great Director, Relationship Management do?
The Director, Relationship Management for the Bank Segment, West Coast is responsible for leading a team of Relationship Managers responsible for building and managing client relationships, increasing wallet share, and driving client retention. The Director will successfully lead the RM team with strategic directives, planning, and client development to ensure Fiserv is both managing and growing client relationships successfully.
Direct Reports: 6 Relationship Managers at this time.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Lead a team of Relationship Managers (RM) responsible for:
• Delivering revenue realization and growth through the orchestration of new solution sales and successful execution of the contract renewal process and its lifecycle
• Identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities and work jointly with Sales to advance opportunities to a timely closure
• Managing a client centric team model that maximizes the depth of thought leadership, execution, and responsiveness of Fiserv, service, sales, and business units
• Developing and maintain a detailed account plan and update process that communicates and links the accounts strategies, business drivers, initiatives to Fiserv solutions and outcomes
• Expanding and improving relationships with the client’s executives, decision makers, influencers, and users.
• Develop key executive level client relationships, maintaining high client retention, and selling Core Processing and surround products
• Monitor client satisfaction, facilitate improvement as needed, and regularly communicate with clients’ key stakeholders in conjunction with the Relationship Manager
• Manage client escalations and issue resolutions to ensure client satisfaction
• Participate in meetings with prospects, clients, and potential partners to assist with sales and business development opportunities
• Leverage industry trends and Fiserv offerings to demonstrate Fiserv value proposition
• Assist Relationship Managers with formal proposals that drive revenue, client value and ‘wallet share’ among Fiserv Strategic client base
• Demonstrate and coach by example around complex, large, bundled deal negotiations for a win/win for Fiserv and the client.
• Understand and effectively manage associate satisfaction for team of Relationship Managers
• Partner closely with sales, marketing, and product teams to identify developing client needs
• Collaborate with all leaders within Service Management and Client Support, as well as cross-functional leadership, with a focus on maintaining superior customer service levels, innovation based on client needs and strategic insight/partnership
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelors Degree
• 6+ years of experience in a client-facing relationship management or sales role
• Experience required in the financial services technology industry
• Ability to build, maintain, and leverage relationships effectively in a matrix environment
• Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
• Strong knowledge of sales processes
• Excellent judgment and solid decision-making skills
• Ability to travel up to 60%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• 5+ years of talent development (people management) and sales leadership experience
• Prior Fiserv knowledge with a focus on Account Processing
• An in-depth knowledge of banking business and operations
• Knowledge of data processing contracts and legal impact of contracts
• Experience working in a matrix environment