Fiserv Sr. Software Developer / Sr. .Net Developer in Marietta, Georgia
What does a great Software Developer do?
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Software Developer to join our Global Infrastructure Software Automation’s Development team, help build and support high-quality software, as well as maintaining and developing ongoing releases. You will be working in an Agile environment with a hardworking team of other developers to design, code, test and support software releases. The software you will help build, and support are responsible for supporting millions of active users, billions of financial transactions a year, and moving trillions of dollars between people, merchants, service providers, and financial institutions. This role focuses on the development of .NET application using the latest .NET/web technologies.
If you are the kind of person who enjoys working in a close collaborative team environment, self-motivated, has a positive demeanor and eager to learn new technologies, then we want to see you apply!
In this role, you can expect to:
• Develop and support infrastructure software, as well as maintaining and developing ongoing releases.
• Work with other developers, engineers to develop and maintain high quality applications.
• Review functional specifications to ensure solution is technically sound
• Perform specification and code reviews to ensure that solutions are appropriate and that standards are being followed
• Collaborate within an Agile team environment to define, design, develop, test, support new releases.
• Participate in a 24-hour on-call rotation for after-hours support and application releases. This includes researching problems discovered through testing or support, and developing solutions to the problems.
• Translate functional specifications into technical specifications and code, test work according to standards
• Provide technical guidance to the development team to create, maintain, and enhance diverse software systems
• Help drive adoption of core technologies, architectural guidelines and standards
• Help drive software development best practices from technology selection and workflow to coding standards
• Help accelerate adoption of standards and new technologies
• Effectively communicate with business and technical teams at all levels
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
• 5+ years of application development using C#/.NET/.NET Core
• 5+ years of application development experience in Windows environment
• 3+ years of experience in RestAPI development
• 3+ year of UI development using AngularJS or ASP.NET
• Experience with MS-SQL database
• Experience with IIS
• Experience with DevOps and software development tools such as JIRA, BitBucket, GIT, Confluence and Visual Studio, etc.
• Experience in developing and deploying scalable and secure applications
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without much direction or guidance
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
• U.S Citizen
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience with Python, MySQL, Apache is a plus
• Experience with Linux environment is a plus
• AWS or Azure cloud experience is a plus