Fiserv Senior Application Developer in Nenagh, Ireland
Fiserv is a global provider of financial services technology. Our clients include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers. In Nenagh, we are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics to support continued growth of our business.
We are currently looking at expanding our technology centre and are seeking to talk to people who will help us to:
• Create better experiences for users
• Prioritize ease of use and functionality
• Build and deploy new services
• Ask questions of the biggest datasets
• Be passionate, impactful and Be first
• Join a team on a mission
The primary responsibility of the senior application developer, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, will be the design and development of software applications based on defined requirements.
• Contribute significantly to implementing and documenting technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain scrum masters, product owners, architects, other engineers (developers, test engineers and technical delivery engineers).
• Work within an agile delivery process to deliver high quality estimates and outcomes for complex projects.
• Support the architectural direction, solution specification, development, implementation and delivery of new and existing applications or services.
• Be responsible for the execution of the full suite of development tasks in a modern delivery pipeline, including validation activities (such as unit, component, system integration and regression testing) and infrastructure activities (such as IAC within automated pipelines).
• Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of the enterprise applications within the production environment.
• Provide knowledge transfer; actively support and educate internal and external team members.
• Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
Knowledge & Skills
6+ years’ experience in designing and developing web and/or services based applications. Full stack development experience is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
Excellent knowledge in JEE/Spring, JAVA 8, Maven, Shell-Scripting.
Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies as well as project tools, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
Knowledge of modern database technologies (relational/non-relational).
Experience with big data technology frameworks such as Apache Hadoop and Adobe Flink highly desirable.
Knowledge of virtual infrastructure and associated services (e.g. public cloud) as well as containerization and orchestration technologies.
Willingness to take ownership and the ability to demonstrate strong personal commitment. Must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not
afraid to take on responsibility in the team (for highlighting, planning and implementing improvements in existing and new applications). Must be high on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
Strong communication skills (e.g. with business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives), coordination skills
Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
Willingness to take ownership and the ability to demonstrate strong personal commitment. Must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team (for highlighting, planning and implementing improvements in existing and new applications).
Must be high on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
Can do, will do open-minded attitude. You will wear many hats; some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.