Fiserv Unisys Administrator in Salem, Oregon
What does a great Unisys Administrator do?
As a Unisys Administrator in our Platform Engineering and Operations team, you will be responsible for the installation and configuration of our Unisys mainframes, daily operational maintenance of these systems along with managing additional supporting infrastructure. You will lead the effort to streamline performance and processes, build documentation around those processes and cross-train team members.
This position is internally facing within our Development environment and supports other Fiserv associates enabling them to in turn provide world class products and support for our clients. You will have opportunities to help shift workloads to virtual and cloud-based solutions while being part of a supportive and flexible environment that encourages thinking outside of the box.
The transition to an Agile development infrastructure will enable the candidate to help automate and reinvent existing processes on premise. The successful candidate will also contribute to developing cloud strategies and streamlining efficiencies for our team.
As an Unisys Administrator, you can look forward to:
This ideal candidate will need to have a strong enterprise level mainframe background, be self-motivated, possess strong Unisys related troubleshooting skills as well as customer service skills, be forward thinking and be able to work well both on your own and within a group. Additionally, the candidate should be organized and continuously striving for excellence in a fast-paced environment where they will be supporting multiple internal systems and technologies both locally and across a geographically disperse environment.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• High school diploma
• Must have at least 5 years of experience supporting Unisys ClearPath MCP operating systems and servers
• Strong background in Unisys system optimization, automation, administration, and system architecture.
• Proficient with enterprise level security
• Ability to perform installations, migrations, upgrades, capacity planning and performance tuning
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred
• Familiar with IBM mainframes as well as Windows servers
• Experience with enterprise storage platforms
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to accurately diagnose and repair system problems
• Familiar with business continuity techniques
• Capable of receiving, diagnosing and solving associate requests relating to the infrastructure for a global company
• Aptitude for monitoring alerts and maintaining infrastructure compliance to corporate security policies
• Ability to follow established guidelines to accomplish tasks and solve complex problems
• Fluent in documenting processes and utilizing change management
• Comfortable supporting both local and remote environments
• Experience with the public cloud (Azure, AWS, Skytap)
• Complete other tasks as assigned
• Applicable certifications a strong plus
Up to 10% depending on location
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.